- St Mark's Church
- Guildford Road
- Normandy, Guildford
- GU3 2DA
Church At Home Resources
PRAYER AND WORSHIP RESOURCES
Services on Sunday
Whichever service you join in with, one idea might be to discuss the service you heard or saw with a friend. What was meaningful for you? Was it the music, words in the readings or the sermon, the prayers or the style of worship?
- 8.10am Radio 4, Sunday Worship
- 9am Church of England’s website or facebook page ( you don’t need a facebook account for this) Sunday service
- 10am Guildford Cathedral. Sunday worship. Guildford Cathedral, facebook page.
- 10am St Martin-in-the-fields, Sunday Worship. Facebook page.
- Worplesdon Parish, You Tube channel
- 1.15pm Songs of Praise
Daily Services during the week.
- For St Mark’s we have the simple Church of England Worship at Home, Morning and Night Prayer. If you are able to, do join in with these prayers as often as you can, so that over this difficult time we might be together and grow as a community rooted in daily prayer. https://www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/midweek_worship_at_home_0.pdf
We have audio-recorded Morning Prayer for each day see below.
- Night prayer (Compline) for children and families please see below.
- Daily Services/ Prayer on the radio:
5.43am BBC Radio 4 Prayer for the day
7:50 am BBC Radio Surrey & Sussex / BBC Radio 4
9.45am BBC Radio 4 LW Daily Service
3.30pm Wednesdays, 3pm Sundays ( repeat) BBC Radio 3 Choral Evensong
- In addition to the daily prayer, there are more detailed readings available with reflections. This book we use at St Mark’s for Morning Prayer on a Monday and through the week is Reflections for Daily Prayer, as an app (£12.99) as a book (£16.99), published by Church House Publishing. A range of different theologians write the reflections and that’s one of the reasons why we like using it.
- Prayers- For use during the coronavirus outbreak. Available to download at: CofE.io/ChurchOnline
For those who enjoyed the #LiveLent booklet and app it is now changing to #Easter Pilgrim: The Lord's Prayer A 40-day journey through the prayer Jesus taught his followers - one which continues to shape the lives of Christians across the world. You can also get the daily reflections sent to your email inbox:
For Children and Families
- 0-8yrs/ 10yrs. Diddy Disciples- twitter.com/diddydisciples Bible story themed worship with singing, podcasts on Twitter. www.diddydisciples.org
- Build Faith website, lots of simple and inspiring faith at home resources. www.buildfaith.org
- Bedtime prayer service for children and families:
- ·See www.diddydisciples.org Bedtime prayer under the tab ‘Free resources’
· A book called Candle Walk, Karin Holsinger Sherman- ends with compline for children and families at the back of the book.
- Bibles for children. We use the Lion Storyteller Bible, Bob Hartman for School assemblies. For Family Tea we often use The Lion First Bible. For our teenagers and confirmation we use the Good News Youth Edition Bible.
- A whole range of creative things for children to do around Bible stories and themes of the Christian church year. Includes downloadable sheets http://flamecreativekids.blogspot.com
Families & COVID-19:
- A book which might be helpful to talk to young children about COVID-19: a free information book explaining the coronavirus to children, illustrated by Gruffalo illustrator Axel Scheffler, with expert input from @GrahamMedley. You can find out more and download the book for free here: https://nosycrow.com/blog/released-today-free-information-book-explaining-coronavirus-children-illustrated-gruffalo-illustrator-axel-scheffler/
- The Children’s Society website has a section on advice for children and teenagers. Support sections on anxiety, self care, loneliness, resilience etc re: COVID-19 https://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/coronavirus-information-and-support
Resources to help parents talk with their children about the current situation:
Jane Whittington has created 5 interactive prayer and reflection activities. These could be used at home. It’s all on this Guildford Diocese webpage. Ideas for the whole family: https://www.cofeguildford.org.uk/education/christian-distinctiveness/collective-worship/covid-19-resources
You can also listen to Reverend Alison's audio recordings of Daily Prayers by clicking on the link below...